Fussey Engineering Gain Recognition for the Commitment to Health & Safetycreative55
Recognising the risks associated with steel fabrication, we continue to prioritise the health and safety of our staff, contracting partners and clients. Employing a highly experienced workforce, we ensure the maintenance of safety standards from welding to the erection of secure steel structures. The achievement of such high standards is reflected in our ISO45001 accreditation and Gareth Mason’s completion of the NEBOSH General Certification Qualification, as highlighted in this blog.
Committed to ensuring a structured framework for ensuring a safe and healthy workplace we recently made the decision to apply for ISO 45001. This meant proving our fulfilment of the internationally recognised health and safety laws. We were required to show a high level of health and safety focus specific to the supply, surface treatment and installation of steelwork products. We have tailored the ISO 45001 standards in line with our size and level of complexity, accounting for the full range of steel-working risks.
Application of the ISO45001 system will enable us to improve our health and safety performance by:
- Developing and implementing a WHS policy and WHS objectives
- Establishing systematic processes, considering the steelworking context and accounting for risks and opportunities, as well as legal and other requirements
- Determining the hazards and WHS risks associated with our activities; seeking to eliminate them, or putting in controls to minimize their potential effects
- Establishing operational controls to manage our WHS risks and legal and other requirements
- Increasing awareness of our WHS risks
- Evaluating our WHS performance and seeking to improve it, through taking appropriate actions
- Ensuring workers take an active role in WHS matters.
Apart from boosting our reputation as a safe place to work, the ISO45001 accreditation will enable us to enjoy direct benefits such as:
- Improving our ability to respond to regulatory compliance issues
- Reducing the overall costs of incidents
- Reducing downtime and the costs of disruption to operations
- Reducing the cost of insurance premiums
- Reducing absenteeism and employee turnover rates
- Gaining recognition for having achieved an international benchmark.
Fussey Engineering will retain the ISO 45001 Certification for three years, subject to our passing of annual mandatory audits.
NEBOSH General Certification Qualification
With the health and safety culture being actively promoted and adopted across our workforce, we had cause for celebration as Gareth Mason completed the NEBOSH General Certification – widely recognised as the gold standard in health and safety qualifications. He successfully completed the units on the management of health and safety and risk assessment; gaining a high-level professional understanding of such aspects as health and safety monitoring, maintenance of physical and psychological health, and fire risk management in the process.
Get in Touch
If you’d like to find out more about our health and safety credentials or arrange a steel-working project then give us a call on 01469 540644 or email email@example.com. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and provide essential reassurance about the quality of our work.