Fussey Engineering is a structural steel design, manufacture and installation company, offering quality steelwork services on projects for various industries throughout the UK.
At Fussey Engineering we believe that our past and future success is based upon a firm foundation of excellent customer relationships. Regardless on the size or complexity of the project, our dedicated team pride themselves on our collective ability to deliver an outstanding level of service.
What we do
We cover all primary and secondary steel right through to cladding and painting, employing expert teams at each stage of construction – thus ensuring greater efficiency and reliability. A full CAD design service is also available.
Our skilled workforce is backed up by prompt personal attention to all enquiries, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our estimating team to discuss any steel fabrication project.
Established in 1972, Fussey Engineering Ltd. has been serving the industry for over 40 years.
With only a small original workforce serving local Humberside businesses until the late 1970s, the company grew when some of our larger local clients expanded, taking Fussey Engineering with them as a trusted sub-contractor.
Over the next decades, our client base subsequently developed, due to the recognition of our ability to handle large projects nationwide.Today, we provide a vital service to the construction industry in the fields of structural steel & metalwork, with a large, loyal client base founded on our reputation for great service and quick turnarounds on high pressure programmes.
UKCA Approved Steel Fabricators
Different Name, Same High Standards
Fussey Engineering achieved CE Mark Execution Class 2 accreditation in September 2014. This became a mandatory standard throughout the EU for construction products in 2014.
As of the 01st January 2021 the UK introduced the UKCA mark as part of the transition from the European Union under Brexit. The government have allowed for the first year to be a transition period where the UKCA mark and the CE Mark are interchangeable. As of the 01st January 2022 the UKCA mark will be mandatory on all construction products sold and distributed in the UK.
We have already made the change to UKCA to allow our clients the time to become familiar with the mark. The mark maintains the exact standards as those required under CE Marking.
Fussey Engineering have achieved UKCA Execution Class Two status, which means that as UKCA marked fabricators, we meet the following requirements:
- We have an externally audited and accredited Factory Production Control System (FPC).
- All our fabricated structural steelwork is manufactured in accordance with harmonised standard BS EN1090-1.
- In accordance with BS EN1090-2, we manufacture up to Execution Class 2. BS EN1090-2 dictates the technical requirements and what is needed to ensure steel structures and components meet adequate levels of mechanical resistance, stability, serviceability and durability.
- We have a Responsible Welding Coordinator (RWC). This is someone suitably qualified to interpret Weld Procedures, Welder Qualifications, Oversee Welding Functions, Correct Pre Heat and Welds Types. An RWC is required to hold an International Welding Engineer (IWE), an International Welding Technologist (IWT) and an International Welding Specialist (IWS) qualification.
- All our welders are fully qualified in all operations and processes and at weld inspections including defect identification and causation.
- Full Traceability of the components and assemblies – all material will be traceable back to the mill, the batch number, heat number, required steel grade etc. The traceability also includes the fabricator, the welder, the welding consumables, and the weld process.
- All our steelwork is supported by a UKCA Certificate of Performance stating that it meets all technical requirements.